Montgomery, United States
The city of Montgomery is the capital of the state of Alabama. Montgomery is nationally known for its many historic/cultural landmarks. Montgomery is a city rich in history. Although there are no major league pro sports teams in Alabama still Montgomery is home to a minor league professional baseball team.
Places to visit-
- Rosa Parks Library and Museum- The museum has a 103-seat multimedia auditorium. The six distinct areas of the museum tell the story of courage of early civil rights fighters.
- First White House of the Confederacy- It is a beautiful Italianate mansion in the historic area of downtown Montgomery.
- Civil Rights Memorial Centre- It is dedicated to 41 people who fought and died during the American Civil Rights Movement.
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts- This museum's permanent collection includes sculptures, paintings and other works of art created by regionally and nationally renowned artists.
- Montgomery Zoo- Montgomery Zoo is the home of more than 500 animals from all over the world.
- Dexter Parsonage Museum - Dr. Martin Luther King home
- Alabama State Capitol- It is a National Historic Landmark which contains a museum about Alabama State politics and history.
- Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium- It is a minor league baseball ballpark and the home of the baseball team Montgomery Biscuits of the Southern League.
- Hank Williams Museum
- Riverfront Park
Where to stay?
- Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery Downtown- This hotel in Montgomery puts you within walking distance of the Hank Williams Museum. It offers room with an always clean and fresh Hampton bed and complimentary Wi-Fi to help you stay connected.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery- This hotel is designed to surround you with the feeling of being close-to-home, whether you're here for a few days or you're planning an extended stay.
- Courtyard Montgomery- The Courtyard Montgomery hotel is a top choice among hotels in Montgomery, Alabama.